Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year Resolutions...Blah! Blah! Blah!



Every year we create a resolution list for the New Year....

1. Join a gym
2. Eat more vegetables
3. Avoid sugar
4. Drink more water
5. Etc......

Looks like a list of goals that are achievable, right? Wrong! Here's what's wrong with this list, it's not specific enough! When a goal is not SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely), we tend to give up and continue with our ways...and that's one of the reasons why they're on our New Year's Resolution list EVERY year.

Below is a list I worked on with my client for their New Year's Resolution. With more details added, see how more desirable it is to achieve their goals in 2015.

"I'm going to join a gym on January 1, 2015. My goal is to loose 10 pounds by March 31, 2015. I'm going to do this by exercising 1 hour a day, three days a week at my gym. I am going to add a side dish of vegetables with every meal at dinner, and avoid dessert all together. I will hydrate myself by starting my every morning with a glass of water, and drinking 5 to 6 glasses throughout the day, every day, before I go to bed."


No comments:

Post a Comment