Sunday, January 24, 2016

Setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals




S.M.A.R.T. Goals
 
What exactly are S.M.A.R.T. goals?

Specific - What do I want to achieve? Why do I want to achieve it? When do I want to achieve it by? Where will I be, and who will I become after achieving it?

Measurable - How can I track my goal? Who will be my accountable partner? How will I know I'm getting closer to my goal? How will I know when I've achieved it?

Achievable - Do I have the resources and skills to achieve what I want? Ex: In order to receive my Master's Degree, I will want to have my Bachelor's Degree completed first. 

Realistic - Will the results be relevant to what I wanted to achieve? Did I set my goal too high or not high enough?

Timely - Is my goal achievable with the deadline I gave myself? Does my schedule or financial state allow me to pursue my goal by the date I want to achieve it?

A Life Coach can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment