Wednesday, September 16, 2015

So what...I'm Not Perfect!!!!

About a month ago, I hit send on my monthly newsletter, which gets distributed to hundreds of women. I always send myself a copy, so I can pop it up and see what it looks like to everyone who's viewing it. So, out it goes, and my newsletter pops into my email.

As I begin reading it, with a smile on my face, my eyes pop out of my head. OH NO! My opening paragraph has NOTHING to do with the rest of my post! I had made a few changes while I was giving my finishing touches, and forgot to change the opening paragraph to reflect those changes. UGH!!!!!!!!

I immediately froze, and could literally feel my body burning up with embarrassment. Of course, you knows what comes next...all the negative thoughts, words, and feelings come to me.

"You see, you rushed your work, once again!"

"Everyone's going to read this and not know what the heck you're talking about!"

"Who's going to want to continue reading your monthly newsletters?"

The voices kept shouting..."Blah! Blah! Blah!"...Until I finally told myself to STOP! I was being mean to myself, bullying myself, and creating unnecessary anxiety, with all the nonsense I was telling myself.

I've learned, through the years, that all my mistakes, big or small, have always prepared me for bigger and better things in my future. If it weren't for our mistakes, how will we learn, grow, create, and better ourselves?

Next time you're beating yourself up for a mistake you have made, stop yourself, and use that energy to think of ways how you can improve it for the future.


A Life Coach can help you.





No comments:

Post a Comment