Friday, September 11, 2015

Nursery School, Kindergarten, Middle School, High School...Suny New Paltz School of Business! WTF

High School Graduation Party, June 28, 2015

The years flew by, and before I knew it, he was applying for colleges, renting a tux for his senior prom, and ordering his cap and gown for graduation. Wow, my little boy is now in his first semester at SUNY New Paltz...accepted into their Business School, no less! His hard work and dedication gave him this opportunity, and I'm so excited to see what the future holds for him.

This is one of my favorite pictures from his graduation party. Ray would say, "Of course it is, mom, because you're in it! " LOL This time, that's not the case. LOL It's my favorite, because of so many other reasons than that. To start, we are laughing! Laughter sums up our whole relationship. When I look back at all the years raising this little guy, all I can remember is laughing with him. Honestly, we found humor in everything. I have a smile on my face, just thinking of all the things we've laughed about...and still laugh at today. 

I also love this picture, because it's so candid. Raising him as a single mother, our days were not planned. We didn't stress about how perfect our day or weekend was going to be...we just got up and went, had fun, and enjoyed all the things the day brought us. Those were moments I would do all over again, and never change a thing! We were creative and never bored. 

One more thing I'll mention about this photo, which brings tears to my eyes, is to be able to physically see how close we've stayed with one another. Just look at how he still reaches out to put his arm around me. May not seem that big of a deal to others, but we all know some teenagers who don't even want to pose for a picture standing next to their parent. I will never take any sign of affection from him for granted. Whether it's a hug, a kiss, a text, or a phone call from him, I consider them all precious gifts and will take whatever he gives me!!!! :) 

So, he's now at college, and my heart is filled with even more love and wishes for an even brighter future for him. My husband and I have this whole house to ourselves. We are enjoying our time alone together, but it's quiet with out Ray around every day. Actually, I'm more quiet without Ray around every day. LOL I didn't realize how many times I called his name; asking him if he wanted breakfast, telling him I'm running out for a bit, knocking on his door to ask if I can come in, or shouting out when it's dinner time. LOL Yep, it's an adjustment with my little boy being away in college, but the text, phone calls, emails, hugs and kisses from him will be even sweeter to receive!!!! Life is good!

















No comments:

Post a Comment