Monday, April 11, 2016

Be Grateful and Journal It!



What are you grateful for? 

A while ago, I've started a grateful journal. I wanted this journal to be different than the others I write in. I wanted this journal to be a place for me to jot down everything I was grateful for, and in as much detail as I can.  I want to be able to look back and remember who, what, when, where, and why I was grateful. 

Journaling has always been a huge part of my life, but there is something very different with this gratitude journal. I can literally feel a jolt of happiness as I journal, and the more I journal, the more things I am finding myself being grateful for. Big or small, doesn't matter. 

I set a goal to journal 5-7 days per week...and sometimes adding photos, cut outs from magazines, coloring or drawing around my words, adding stickers or anything I will want to keep in-between the pages to give a "physical/visual" representation of what that gratitude meant for me on that day. 


Here are just some random questions you can ask yourself, as you begin your own Grateful Journal. 


What happened today, or this week, that has made me grateful?

What have I been ignoring, and will choose to be grateful for it today? Why?

What one thing during my commute to ______ am I grateful for?

How am I fortunate, and why am I grateful for it?

Who was I volnerable with today, and why am I grateful for it?

What sights/sounds am I grateful for?

What abilities do I have that I am grateful for?

What have others done that have made me grateful?

What relationships am I grateful for?

Who inspired me, and how has it made me extremely grateful?

What kindness did I experience, and how has it made me grateful?




 A Life Coach can help.


No comments:

Post a Comment